The Longtail Distribution Network will create for your review and approval without any upfront cash expense:
- An authored DVD
- DVD graphics packaging
- An edited promotional trailer (if not provided)
- Aggregated meta-data prepared for multiplatform distribution
- Digital files (transcodes) for multiplatform distribution
- Promotion on various websites
The content provider must deliver:
- An appropriately encoded digital file of the programs.
- Basic meta-data, such as the title, a short description and the copyright information.
- If the program was previously distributed in the home video market, the product SKU number.
If available, the content provider will also provide:
- Music Cue Sheets (REQUIRED for on-line streaming services)
- Print quality still photographs for use in the DVD package design.
- Any and all promotional materials associated with the program or series including encoded on-air video promos, program graphics packaging, still images, etc.
- A long description of the program and/or series
- A list of credits and awards
- Press releases or ‘clips’ from printed stories
- A standard formate Closed Caption or English subtitle file
- Any additionally available and appropriate meta-data.
File Format for Broadcast Quality Video:
- STANDARD DEFINITION
NTSC DV-25 in a QuickTime (.MOV) or Windows Media (.AVI) wrapper; provided on a PC formatted portable hard drive. If available include bars, tone and slate. Longtail can accept videotape in any format with a fair market upfront fee to encode. We have had some success transcoding quality DVDs of original programs.
- HIGH DEFINITION STANDARD
DV-100 in a a QuickTime (.MOV) or Windows Media (.AVI) wrapper; 720p or 1080/i/29.97; Audio encoded at the highest possible bit rate; provided on a PC formatted portable hard drive. If available include bars, tone and slate.
Other encoding specifications can be discussed.